Awake!

“Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” -Ephesians 3: 14 NLT

Sunday, October 04, 2009

This Year in Jerusalem!

Erev Tov!

Twenty some hours of travelling later, I am finally in the land of Israel. Wow, such a dream come true to be here. It is worth the decade of waiting.

The coolest thing from the last couple days was meeting Jenny at the airport and sharing the flight from Toronto to Tel Aviv with her. When we weren't trying to sleep, she, Lannette and I might have been the noisiest most hyper people on that flight. We had our noses to the window as we the Mediterranean fell away below us to reveal the flowering desert and skyscrapers of Israel. When the wheels touched down on Israel soil, we cheered. :D

The sun set as we landed so I have not seen the Land in daylight yet. Thus far, I have ridden the train (chatted with an Israeli who is just out of the army and planning a surf vacation to Australia), been slightly ripped off by a cab driver who yelled and gestured into his cell phone the entire drive, gone shopping for food when all the places were closed because of the high holiday and visited with an incredible group of people in a beautiful Israeli apartment.

In addition to "toda raba" (thank you very much), I now know "kin" (yes) and "lo" (no) and a couple of the other words that I won't even try spelling because I haven't managed to say them right yet.

Lannette and I hope to catch up with several friends of hers tomorrow afternoon and then we join the tour in the evening. :)

Shalom!
Leanna

1 comment:

girlwithasong1133 said...

That is so awesome! I want to visit Israel myself one of these days. A friend of mine (who I affectionately call my long lost sister) is visiting in a couple weeks. (So I knew what toda raba meant)

I hope you have an excellent time in your travels! Please please PLEASE dear keeping blogging on your adventures. I am so looking forward to reading them. (:

I was just thinking about you today, actually. It was so lovely to see this blog in my reader. (:

Shalom and safe travels Leanna!

-Meg