Awake!

“Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” -Ephesians 3: 14 NLT

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mehere! [sp]

Fast! That is what this post will have to be, I am nearly a week behind on the storytelling so I will give a brief summary and expand later. :)

Oct. 8
The Old City!
We visited the Davidson Centre and learned a LOT about the history of the Temple. Then we went to the old south wall.
Really cool: most people were to enter in the right gate and exit through the left gate. But those who were in mourning, had just been married or who had lost something were to enter through the left gate that way the people coming out would be able to comfort them, celebrate with them or help them find what was missing. Several members in the group were mourning the death of loved ones in the past year so they walked up to the blocked off entrance and we surrounded them with prayer and comforted them. They said it was really healing.

Then I kicked off a shoe so I could dance barefoot on the steps where Jesus had walked. :D I will post the short video to Facebook when I get home.

We also went to the Wailing Wall, Chain of Generations hall and finally the Garden Tomb. The Garden Tomb is the most peaceful place I have been in Jerusalem, one of those places that you can just tell that people have gathered to pray and worship. We had a beautiful time of communion there.

Lannette and I dashed off to a Messianic worship service (wow, I loved being able to sing worship songs I knew in Hebrew as well as English!) and ended up staying really late visiting in a cafe.

Oct. 9
The day before my bday!
We went to Ein Gedi where David hid from Saul. We had not planned very well because we did not have our swimsuits but we jumped in clothes and all anyway. The waterfalls were lovely and I did a Daily Focus which will have to be one of the stories I expand on later.
Then Masada where our tour guide really brought history to life. I don't know what I think about the hard decision that was made there.
Then we hustled our way south to see the Fountain of Tears by Rick Wineke [sp]. Unfortunately he wasn't there, it would have been so amazing to hear him share about his work. But it was very moving just to see it.
It was a loooooong bus ride back but the last portion of it I spent worshipping with several of the ladies in the middle/back of the bus. So good.
Finally we had Shabbat dinner under a suka in the hotel and were able to testify about Yeshua to several curious people.

Oct. 10th
My birthday!!!
And Simchat Torah! :D I danced to every song but one and felt like one of the Jewish people. ;)

Oct. 11th and 12th
Hung out in Jerusalem, stayed up WAY WAY late every night but at least didn't have to get up early because the tour was over.

Oct. 13th
In Tel Aviv!
Swam in the Dead Sea and now I must go!

Shalom Shalom!

No comments: