Awake!

“Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” -Ephesians 3: 14 NLT

Friday, June 04, 2010

Mizitordom Verse

The first couple lines of this poem showed up in my head while I was reading a book and poked at me until I finished the whole thing. It describes the climax of my novel Mesiebed (which is still not finished :P)


Third Prophecy of Arhin-Ra
And when the tide shall overtake
The farther shore in haste
One moon shall die a silent death
One banner lie in waste

A nation takes its final breath
The Tor relents his might
The waters rise to fill the breach
The new tide is in sight

The nameless shall receive a name
Cold embers flame anew
The shadow wearers flee from these
The serpent’s loss they rue

For then the rains shall fall again
And many heroes stand
The ancient lies shall bind no more
True hope shall kiss the land

No comments: