Awake!

“Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” -Ephesians 3: 14 NLT

Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Beautiful Bride Word Study!

In my last post, I shared an excerpt called "Beautiful Bride" which I had written for fun as an exercise.

While I was hunting for a name for my POV character, I discovered something that I think is uber-cool, sweet awesome and worthy of many other overused adjectives.

I googled "Hebrew word for bride" and found out that the Aramaic word for bride: "Kallah" comes from the verb "kalal" which means to complete, perfect, make complete/perfect.
Why does this make my mind spin in circles?
Because the Church is the bride of Christ. And we are being made perfect by Him.
Ha!

As an add-on, one of the google entries that came up pointed out that the verb kalal would have been used by Jesus when he said "It is finished" on the cross.


The original connection, according to the online lexicon, comes through the second definition of kalal which is "to crown, to put a crown upon" which is no less cool. :)

No comments: