Awake!

“Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” -Ephesians 3: 14 NLT

Monday, March 02, 2009

Collecting Tears

I cared for my first apprehended baby today in the nursery, sang her "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" to quiet her after the Hepatitis B shot.

Man alive. :(

Abba,
Thank you for precious little "L". Thank you that you have a forever family for her and that you love her like crazy. I pray that she would know your love from infancy. I pray that you would give the foster family compassion and wisdom. I pray that you would cover and protect her. May she and her family praise you for the miracles you have done.
In the name of Yeshua, I ask.
Amen.

3 comments:

laughterismedicine said...

What's an 'apprehended baby'? I get from your post that she's going into the foster care system, but I don't understand the term.

This is hard work your going to do, dear!! I pray God gives you the emotional strength for it!

Nicky (Mrs_Hunter) from the circle

Leanna said...

Apprehension is when the baby is taken from the mother's custody by social work. In this case, the mom had been using illegal drugs throughout the pregnancy and was continuing to use them.

laughterismedicine said...

Wow. You really do have a tough job! But I think it would be great to work with babies, myself, too.

This is still Nicky...just changed my blog name as I haven't blogged in 2 years...thought I'd get a fresh start! :D