Awake!

“Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” -Ephesians 3: 14 NLT

Monday, October 22, 2007

Confession

Ever feel like you have so much to say but when you pick up the pen or rest your fingers on the keyboard, nothing comes?

It is hard to capture a particular thought or emotion long enough to elaborate on it. But maybe elaborating isn't needed. Here are a few thoughts and emotions:

God loves me.

I love Him.

There is something dangerous happening in the spiritual realm right now.

Joy.

Wonder.

Fear.

Hope.

Confession is a necessary and painful part of growth. Something that isn't done very often but something that I think I need to do as part of this spiritual battle.

Abba, what would you have me say?

I confess that I have hidden behind a mask of spirituality. I hold myself to be a person of integrity and honest vulnerability but that isn't true. I have sought the esteem of my friends, Church and strangers first. Lord, forgive me for being deceitful. Even a single lie tarnishes the trust others have given.
I confess that I am afraid of this confession. That everything I have said and done will be judged by the confession. That the truth I have spoken or acted upon will be lost.
Abba, help me to seek You first. Always. I love you.

*cries*

1 comment:

Nameless said...

The truth has set you free as your faith has made you whole.