Awake!

“Awake, O sleeper, rise up from the dead, and Christ will give you light.” -Ephesians 3: 14 NLT

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Treasure Hunting

It is amazing what you find when cleaning and organizing. I helped my Mom sort through books today and I now have fresh reading material! I hadn't realized some of the authors and titles my parents own.

The four I have borrowed at this time are: Overcoming Life by D.L. Moody, People of the Lie by M. Scott Peck, Watchman Prayer by Dutch Sheets and The Divine Embrace by Ken Gire.

So you may see blog posts in the near future referencing ideas or questions prompted by the above.

Over the last year, I have been trying to be accountable about note taking with the books I read to counter my rabid addiction to reading. I have a grand total of one essay (and some scattered notes of ideas) to show for this... but I am getting better... I think. :)

Hopefully, over the next year I will have more evidence on this very blog to show that I am digesting what I read and transforming the thoughts into action rather than just mindlessly devouring.

This blog has changed topics since I started it but I suppose that is alright.

Until later...

No comments: